Each week we add a new habit and mindset. For week 2, I stacked on the habit of breath work using Wim Hof’s method and an app called Go Deeper. I do it first thing each morning.
The first pillar of the Wim Hof Method is breathing. We’re always breathing, yet we’re mostly unaware of its tremendous potential. Heightened oxygen levels hold a treasure trove of benefits, and the specialized breathing technique of the Wim Hof Method unearths them all: more energy, reduced stress levels, and an augmented immune response that swiftly deals with pathogens.https://www.wimhofmethod.com
The mindset this week was you get to choose your role in life. An example was given on 4 types of roles: victim, rescuer, hero, and guide. Strive towards a guide.
Complete list of what I’m doing currently:
- 1 hour workouts 4 days a week
- 1 hour Yoga on Thursday
- Saturday workout challenge
- Sunday rest, get outdoors
- Only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. One cup of rice a day is allowed, and sweet potatoes. Eggs allowed. No sugars. No sauces.
- Intermittent fasting 16 hr fast/ 8 hr window to eat
- Drinking 96 oz water daily
- Sleep at least 7 hours day
- Daily video accountability check-ins
- Mindset of “I Get To” vs “I have to”
- Wim Hof breath work
- Choose your role – guide
How’s it going for week 2?
It’s going good. There’s a lot going on, but as you can see from above the choices have been taking away and the program is well defined to follow. That definitely makes it easier.
I’m used to working out for approximately 20 minutes when doing inside cardio or strength training, so jumping to 1 hour is huge. The clean food and hydration is definitely providing more fuel. We’re also working out 6 days a week compared to my very sporadic 2 to 4 days. I’m actually digging it though and pumped to start my day and report to my team. We do video check-ins via the Volley app and it’s great seeing and hearing everyone reporting in and sharing their experience. I will admit it originally was intimidating making video updates looking at myself, but I’ve gotten better. I discovered when I talk I often all of sudden jolt and look up to the right when I’m thinking…😁
As you know, I use Hello Fresh for many of my meals and have had to edit my preferences for only healthy choices. It still comes with sauces, cheese, and bread at times and I can’t eat those. It makes it interesting, but I’m getting helpful tips from my team.
Currently my day looks like this:
- Wake up at 5:30 and immediately do my breath work
- Drink a cup of coffe
- Start 1 hour workout
- Drink 32 oz of water during workout
- Report into team workout and breath work complete
- Break my fast and have lunch at noon
- Only eat fruit between noon and 1, then stop
- Drink more water throughout day to reach 96oz
- Have dinner by 5
- Start my intermittent fast
- Catch up on any volleys (videos) from the team and provide them encouragement
- Get to bed by 9:30
- Started: 191
- Week 1: 185
- Week 2: 182.8
Saturday challenge: 25 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, 25 air squats, 1 mile run, and take small rest and do as many burpees as you can in 4 minutes.
My 1 mile run was 15 minutes. Obviously not pushing it, since I haven’t run in a couple of years. My burpees count was originally 17, but I tried it again and got up to 22.
Week 2 Photos
My 90 day goals:
- Weigh 170 (started at 191)
- BMI 18.5 – 22 (currently 27.3)
- Bone mineral density Z-Score – 0 or higher (currently -0.2)
- Lean mass – 80% or higher (currently 61.6%)
- Have ingrained healthy food choices/eating habits
- New muscle mass
- Lean body and a feeling of empowered and feeling fit
- My discomfort muscle will be strengthened and calloused so when life’s discomfort happen I’m ready to face them and walk towards them
- A sense of pride that I can accomplish difficult things and I’m making myself a better man
- Knowing I’m doing everything I can to take care of my health and be around a long time to love, enjoy, and support my family
- Be an example for others and help them however I can on their wellness journey
- Throw away any left over victim thoughts
- Have a complete mindset on Wellness for Life
For more information on the program I’m taking check out the following:
If you have a goal/endeavor that you are striving for that requires daily or weekly “work towards” and would like some accountability with others and support come check out http://fadedjeanslivingcheckins.com over on the Volley app. We’d love you to join the team!
Leave a Reply to Dwight Hyde Cancel reply