Each week we add a new habit and mindset. For week 8 we extended the Wim Hof breath hold to two to three minutes. We were practicing one to two minutes. Week 9 we up’d our meditation to 10 minutes.
The mindset for week 8 was Stand Now. Stand opposed to sit. Stand is active. Now is in the present. It requires a capacity, intention, and your heart. This notion of whole heartiness and being strong and awake for love sake is an active present choice. One we get to make every single day. Stand now!
The mindset for week 9 was The Drift. The drift, like an undercurrent, is always on and will take us places we don’t want to go if we are not conscious to it and not taking actions. By using the disciplines and mindsets we’ve been taking on we are now able to notice and adjust accordingly.
What we do
- 1 hour workouts 4 days a week
- 1 hour Yoga on Thursday
- Saturday workout challenge
- Sunday rest, get outdoors
- Only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. One cup of rice a day is allowed, and sweet potatoes. Eggs allowed. No sugars. No sauces.
- No alcohol. Water, coffee and tea allowed only
- Drinking 96 oz water daily
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day
- Daily video accountability check-ins
- A weekly photo for before/after comparison purposes
- Intermittent fasting 16 hr fast/ 8 hr window to eat (week 1)
- Mindset of “I Get To” vs “I have to” (week 1)
- Wim Hof breath hold 1 – 2 minutes (week 2)
- Mindset of Choose your role – guide (week 2)
- 30 seconds of straight cold water while showering (week 3)
- Mindset of fueling first (week 3)
- Do a good deed for someone every 24 hrs anonymously (week 4)
- Mindset of Traveling light (week 4)
- Meditate for 5 minutes everyday (week 5)
- Mindset of prioritize profits beyond money (week 5)
- Journal every night before bed (week 6)
- Mindset of correcting course (week 6)
- Intermittent fasting 18 hr fast/ 6 hr window to eat (week 7)
- Mindset of the Infinite Game (week 7)
- Wim Hof breath hold 2 – 3 minutes (week 8)
- Mindset of stand now (week 8)
- Meditate for 10 minutes everyday (week 9)
- Mindset of The Drift (week 9)
How did it go for week 8?
I’m excited! I’m writing this particular paragraph on Wednesday at 4:19 AM in the morning. My morning routine is Wim Hof breath work, drink 2 cups of coffee while catching up on WP and the world, and then do my workout, and take a cold shower. It’s about this time on my second cup of coffee I’m getting antsy to hit the workout. I start thinking about dragging out my workout mat to the living room and what body part exercises I will be selecting. I just love it! Cranking up the workout which has upbeat music playing and starting off on a 5 minute warm up. I look at it as a gift I’m giving myself every morning. How cool is that? I’ve also started adding on 15 minutes of weights after some of my HIIT( High Intensity-Interval Training) workouts. I realize what a healthy practice I’m starting off my day with and am grateful for where I’m at in this period of my life. It’s Amazing!
How did it go for week 9?
I started doing my meditation first thing in the morning to put forth a solid base for the day. As you read about this week in my Over Sharing blog, it was this group so that was a bit disappointing. Like I said though, there’s so much goodness that has come from this program I’m not about to give it up. We’re just not going to go to the level of vulnerability and support that I share and receive out here. At least now. I do plan on staying with this group moving forward, so maybe in the future it will change. Either way it’s okay. * Update: Yesterday one of the guys reached out to me personally and told me how much he appreciated my enthusiasm and heart. 😊
Beyond my 1 hour workouts, I’ve also gotten in a couple of 2 mile runs around the middle school track. I like it because its flat, soft to run on, and I can just zone out. I call it my running meditation. It also brings me back to high school putting in the training on the track field. You have to understand for me these workouts do wonders for my depression and anxiety. I completely understand this isn’t for everyone, but it’s working for me.
Saturday challenges: A burpee is a squat thrust with a push-up
30 burpees to box jumps (do 1 burpee then
box jump = 1 rep)
Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
30 more burpees to box jumps
Run 800 meters (1/2 mile)
Final set of 30 burpees to box jumps
Run 1600 meters (1 mile)
Took me 53 minutes.
“Death by burpees”: Start timer and do 1 burpee in minute 1. In minute 2 you do 2 burpees, in minute 3 you do 3 burpees and so on. I was able to make it to almost 13 minutes.
Weight and Photo Progress
You will have to wait for week 12😊
If you have a goal/endeavor that you are striving for that requires daily or weekly “work towards” and would like some accountability with others and support come check out http://fadedjeanslivingcheckins.com over on the Volley app. It doesn’t even need to be a health endeavor. Maybe you’re working on writing for so many minutes a day. Maybe you’re learning a new language or learning how to play an instrument. Feel free to just just join and observe to start off. It’s free and an amazing tool to add to your toolbox.
Leave a Reply