Each week we add a new habit and mindset. For week 5, I stacked on the habit of meditating for 5 minutes everyday.
Sit quietly for 5 minutes. Doing nothing. Give yourself this gift each day. Develop strength and awareness with love at the center through sitting quietly.
All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.Blaise Pascal, Pensées
The mindset for week 5 is prioritize profits. Instead of just applying that to business or paychecks or running finances what if you considered every choice you made as an investment in future profits? What are you doing daily that will produce “profits” beyond money? What are you learning that will help you? What are you going to take away that is causing harm to you? What actions can you take each day via choices that will improve your life?
Complete list of what I’m doing currently. Items in bold are what we added this week.
- 1 hour workouts 4 days a week
- 1 hour Yoga on Thursday
- Saturday workout challenge
- Sunday rest, get outdoors
- Only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. One cup of rice a day is allowed, and sweet potatoes. Eggs allowed. No sugars. No sauces.
- Intermittent fasting 16 hr fast/ 8 hr window to eat
- Drinking 96 oz water daily
- Sleep at least 7 hours day
- Daily video accountability check-ins
- Mindset of “I Get To” vs “I have to”
- Wim Hof breath work
- Mindset of Choose your role – guide
- 30 seconds of straight cold water while showering
- Mindset of fueling first
- Do a good deed for someone every 24 hrs anonymously
- Mindset of Traveling light
- Meditate for 5 minutes everyday
- Mindset of prioritize profits beyond money
* this lifestyle is probably not right for you
How’s it going for week 5?
When you are inspired . . . dormant forces, faculties, and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.PATANJALI
As many of you know I’ve been actively exploring other career options. That path wasn’t panning out as “straight” as I wished. There was much meandering and dead ends as any heroes journey must follow. I was indeed feeling a bit down wanting to be led directly to the pot of gold. I reached into my toolbox though and phoned for help. My new friend I met via my walking group came over and we did a walk about. She asked several questions and soon my path was getting clearer. True friends don’t show us the way, but they can hold us steady so we don’t fall. And that she did!
As laid in bed last night feeling grateful the transformation began from beyond just the physical. The rays started breaking through. For me, when I start making improvements in one area of my life it creates such a force that it can only overflow into other areas. Beyond the physical connected me back to Source. A reawakening of goodness surrounding me. Holding me with 100% love and encouragement to shine as I was intended to shine while here. Once again I’m back on my path but this time “stronger” and realigned. I can’t say it enough. A quest is needed for growth! Don’t stay static back on the lily pad back on the pound. Move. Grow! Move past the discomfort. There is much light.
- Started: 191
- Week 1: 185
- Week 2: 182.8
- Week 3: 178.8
- Week 4: 178.2
- Week 5: 176.2
Four miles four friends. Run 1 mile. As you run give yourself time to reflect on who your conscience is trying to have a conversation with. That person will come to mind within a mile. After the mile. Stop and call them up. Have a full conversation with them. Repeat 3 more times.
Mile 1 – called a friend who’s had two tragedies in her life. Told her how she inspires me everyday on her drive to not give up on life as tears streamed down my face.
Mile 2- brother (proud)
Mile 3 – friend (grateful)
Mile 4 – sister (missed each other)
Mile 5 – Going beyond. I spoke to my dad while running an extra mile, who’s been dead for 13 yrs. Told him I missed him. The last 1/4 mile he said go for it Dwight. We ran faster. When done I felt his words of “my beautiful boy” … more tears.
We have so much love to give one another. Don’t keep it within. Release it! ❤️
Week 5 Photo
My 90 day goals:
- Weigh 170 (started at 191)
- BMI 18.5 – 22 (currently 27.3)
- Bone mineral density Z-Score – 0 or higher (currently -0.2)
- Lean mass – 80% or higher (currently 61.6%)
- Have ingrained healthy food choices/eating habits
- New muscle mass
- Lean body and a feeling of empowered and feeling fit
- My discomfort muscle will be strengthened and calloused so when life’s discomfort happen I’m ready to face them and walk towards them
- A sense of pride that I can accomplish difficult things and I’m making myself a better man
- Knowing I’m doing everything I can to take care of my health and be around a long time to love, enjoy, and support my family
- Be an example for others and help them however I can on their wellness journey
- Throw away any left over victim thoughts
- Have a complete mindset on Wellness for Life
If you have a goal/endeavor that you are striving for that requires daily or weekly “work towards” and would like some accountability with others and support come check out http://fadedjeanslivingcheckins.com over on the Volley app. It doesn’t even need to be a health endeavor. Maybe you’re working on writing for so many minutes a day. Maybe you’re learning a new language or learning how to play an instrument. Feel free to just just join and observe to start off.
Leave a Reply to Dwight Hyde Cancel reply