Each week we add a new habit and mindset. For week 10 we extended the cold showers habit to five minutes. Week 11 is have a daily curious conversation with someone very different then you with the purpose of empathy and understanding. You goal is to see the world through their eyes. We does this by listening and seeking to understand by asking questions. An added habit bonus was to start tracking screen time on your phone/smart devices and each day try to stay online 1 minute less then the prior day.
The mindset for week 10 is about how much easier it is to talk about things compared to actually doing things. It’s very easy to drift and stop the daily actions to live the life we want to live. We need to constantly re-anchor and go in the direction of the path you are committed to. The longer you can do this, the less you’re going to talk about it, because “it” will be showing up in your life. We can get lost in our head. Life is meant to be lived, lived well, and that requires overt intentional action against the drift.
The mindset for week 11 is we live in a world wind. It’s real everyday all the time and it’s never going away. Life is very rugged. Often too there are periods where it’s very comfortable and we become sedentary and can fall asleep. If we’re woken up by the current whirlwind involuntary it’s very hard to stand up in that world wind. In that scenario we just haven’t built up our capacity. All the voluntary habit’s we’ve done up to now has helped us WAKE UP. Right now we have built up a capacity. We have chosen to wake up. We are strong. Folks will need us to lean on. This habit of becoming men and women of discomfort is a gift that can not only be a gift to you but to others. This can only happen though if you constantly recognize the world wind even during the comfortable seasons of life. Every 24 hours we must ask ourselves how can I continuously wake myself up. If we follow this North Star we can indeed remain strong and awake for love sake!
What we do
- 1 hour workouts 4 days a week
- 1 hour Yoga on Thursday
- Saturday workout challenge
- Sunday rest, get outdoors
- Only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. One cup of rice a day is allowed, and sweet potatoes. Eggs allowed. No sugars. No sauces.
- No alcohol. Water, coffee and tea allowed only
- Drinking 96 oz water daily
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day
- Daily video accountability check-ins
- A weekly photo for before/after comparison purposes
- Intermittent fasting 16 hr fast/ 8 hr window to eat (week 1)
- Mindset of “I Get To” vs “I have to” (week 1)
- Wim Hof breath hold 1 – 2 minutes (week 2)
- Mindset of Choose your role – guide (week 2)
- 30 seconds of straight cold water while showering (week 3)
- Mindset of fueling first (week 3)
- Do a good deed for someone every 24 hrs anonymously (week 4)
- Mindset of Traveling light (week 4)
- Meditate for 5 minutes everyday (week 5)
- Mindset of prioritize profits beyond money (week 5)
- Journal every night before bed (week 6)
- Mindset of correcting course (week 6)
- Intermittent fasting 18 hr fast/ 6 hr window to eat (week 7)
- Mindset of the Infinite Game (week 7)
- Wim Hof breath hold 2 – 3 minutes (week 8)
- Mindset of stand now (week 8)
- Meditate for 10 minutes everyday (week 9)
- Mindset of The Drift (week 9)
- Cold shower 5 minutes (week 10)
- Mindset of less talking, more action (week 10)
- Daily curios conversation with stranger (week 11)
- Mindset of remaining awake within the world wind (week 11)
Weight and Photo Progress
You will have to wait for week 12😊
How’s it going?
On week 10, I really enjoyed the day of no smart devices and being outside. It felt great doing yard work and emotionally I was flying high. It inspired me to set time limits on my apps and cut back on my online presence. For week 11, I mixed it up by getting out of my element by taking a road trip down to Albuquerque to see family. I got to take these habits and mindsets with me and had much success. My nephews and son actually did week 11 challenge with me. What a riot!
I’m truly feeling wonderful and calm. So very grateful for where I’m at in life and the love that surrounds me.
If you have a goal/endeavor that you are striving for that requires daily or weekly “work towards” and would like some accountability with others and support come check out http://fadedjeanslivingcheckins.com over on the Volley app. It doesn’t even need to be a health endeavor. Maybe you’re working on writing for so many minutes a day. Maybe you’re learning a new language or learning how to play an instrument. Feel free to just just join and observe to start off. It’s free and an amazing tool to add to your toolbox.
Leave a Reply to Dwight Hyde Cancel reply